Skip to main content

Does this mean anything

Lake Orion, MI |

I live in a house that my employer rents to me at a reduced rate . I got hurt on the job And my employer fired me After they receive papers from my attorney. I am having several surgeries and I was asked by my employer to vacate the house in 30 days. I asked my past boss if I could stay in the house because of my medical situation and pay an increase in rent and I got a reply stating no. I did get a letter stating that if I dropped the Workmen's Comp. case against them that they would pay for my moving cost to get out of the house. Is this legal

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Your lease needs to be reviewed, in my opinion, to determine whether this can be done. Some leases allow termination by one party or the other. If your rights are not clear, then you need to review them with your attorney.

    James Frederick

    ***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!

  2. You would need to report this to your Worker's Comp Attorney to find out if the offer is legal.