Does this classify as harassment or sexual harassment?

Kansas City, MO |

I am a female in nursing school. During the beginning of class, after an exam, our instructor comes in and begins to tell the class how she "has females balls" (vaginal swelling) from a reaction from latex condoms from having rough sex with her partner the night before. All of the classmates are females but i feel as though this is offensive and unnecessary. A few weeks pass by and she comes in the student break room while we are on break and proceeds to discuss how she has "balls again" and doesnt want to call her doctor and how sore her vagina is. I filed a report with the school and nothing has happened. what should i do, i feel as though the school should be responsible for this, and i feel awkward around this instructor, i believe she is married. private college with fed funding .

This should be discussed with a lawyer well-versed in sexual harassment and school law. Yes, it certainly smacks of inappropriate behavior for a professor. As an attorney I always caution students about the "real world" ramifications of filing formal complaints against professors. In some cases it is necessary. I do not know if it is here. If it were me I would ignore the inappropriate comments and wait until I was through and out of her classes because I would not want to get "black-balled" by her or other professors. This is a situation that you should speak to an attorney about in the privacy of their office. Every profession has idiots- doctors, lawyers, nurses, etc.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate below. I hope my information is helpful to you. If you think this post was a good answer, please click the "Good Answer" button below and/or designate my answer as the "BEST ANSWER". Thanks. This is a general response to a question for basic information and is not legal advice. Legal advice can only be given when all of the facts of your situation are discussed with a lawyer, which we have not done.. If you reside outside the State of Texas please understand that the laws may be different from the laws that I may cite in a my comment. This comment is not to be construed as legal advice to your particular situation because there are many factors that influence legal counseling- this is simply a comment. Response to an email does not create an attorney-client relationship between you and the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C., nor any of its attorneys. If you send us an e-mail, or call us, and we do not already represent you, neither your e-mail inquiry nor telephone call will create an attorney-client relationship. E-mails cannot necessarily be treated as privileged or confidential. Only entering into a written legal services contract with the Law Offices of Kevin R. Madison, P.C. will create an attorney-client relationship. There is no substitute for one-on-one legal advice and you are urged to meet with an attorney and discuss your case, personally, with an attorney in the state in which you reside or your case occurred. Thank you. Kevin R. Madison. Visit our website at www.kevinmadison.com and www.texassexualharassmentattorney.com. Kevin Madison, Austin, Texas- representing injured persons in motor vehicle collision, truck and motorcucle accidents and representing victims of sexual harassment, sexual assault, sexual abuse, physical assaults, and representing victims of sexual exploitation committed by doctors, therapists, psychologists, psychiatrists, clergy, counselors, priests, and rabbis. Visit our sexual harassment/sexual exploitation blog at http://texassexualharassmentattorney.com/blog/

Your best recourse would probably be with the school. If you have filed a report, you could follow up on it but I agree with the suggestion that you might want to wait until the end of the semester.

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. Please contact a lawyer qualified in your jurisdiction to discuss your situation in confidence. The guidance I have given describes only general legal concepts without knowing the exact factual details of your situation.

You already reported it