Does the unemployment dept contact your previous employer to verify the reason for being jobless or unemployed? such as be

Asked about 4 years ago - Colton, CA

I stated that i was laid off due to lack of work on application;which is true.If my employer disagreed with that decision would I have been denied benifits?If my former employer was thru a temporary agency does that make a difference as well?

such as being fired?laid off?quit?
I would really appriciate expert advise jus in case my former employer does decied to dispute my claim.I been collecting for over a year now.

1. Michael Robert Kirschbaum

Answered . The EDD will make efforts to contact your last employer and ask why you are no longer employed. If the reasons do not agree, the interviewer will probably contact you again and ask more questions. An initial determination will be made based upon the information provided. If you are denied, it is probably because the interviewer finds the employer more credible. You can appeal the denial and will be given a hearing date where you can provide all the facts to an administrative law judge, who will then make an independent decision whether you are eligible.