Does the title matter during the first stage of green card application(Perm Labor Certification)?

Asked about 1 year ago - Santa Monica, CA

My current title is Software Developer, but the company use "Senior Software Developer" during the recruitment process and all the material preparation process. Will this be a problem? But I will be promoted to a Senior level position soon and A salary increase too. There is no big change for my job duty.
1) Can I use "Senior" level position for recruitment process while I am still not at Senior level yet?
2) Can My salary have big increase during the PERM process?

thanks

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

1

1

Answered . For the PERM process it is the EMPLOYER who has to conduct the recruitment (and define the job title & job duties); NOT the foreign national beneficiary. The answer to both your questions is a "yes", but employer better use the services of a qualified immigration attorney to guide it through the extremely complex PERM process.

2. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

Answered . Title is always relevant, although the actual job duties control. Please consult with an immigration attorney for further information.

3. Theodore John Murphy

Pro

Answered . Yes the title makes a difference. No you cannot use a title for a position you do not occupy. Your salary can have an increase. You should be working with an experienced business immigration attorney.