Does the ten day notice means ten working day or does it include weekends

Asked over 3 years ago - Jenkintown, PA

also can you help me in filing the formal respone to the claim that is out there

1. Answered . Ten days typically refers to 10 calendar days. However, if the 10th day falls on a weekend or a federal holiday, the deadline is extended until the next working day.

I am presuming the 10 day notice that you are referencing was issued after an answer to a complaint was not filed in a civil suit in the Court of Common Pleas. If that is the case, you should have a complaint, which will have numbered paragraphs. You must file an answer, in which you respond to each of those numbered paragraphs with your own numbered paragraph. You must also attach a verification (see link below).

The court in which you are filing may also have specific forms that must be attached.

There are many procedural hurdles that can trip you up; I thus strongly advise you to consult with an attorney.