Does the Superior Court in CA have to notify me by mail of any and all court dates. If so, what is the civil code?

Asked almost 2 years ago - West Covina, CA

NA

1. Frank Wei-Hong Chen

7

Answered . Yes, you are entitled to notice unless notice is waived in open court. For example, for motions, the notice provision is set forth under Code of Civil Procedure section 1005.

See also, Code of Civil Procedure sections 1005.5 and 1006.

Likewise, you are obligated to provide the court and the parties with any changes to your contact information:

http://www.courts.ca.gov/documents/mc040.pdf

California Rules of Court, Rule 2.200, provides that an attorney or self-represented party whose mailing address, telephone number, fax number, or e-mail address (if it was provided under rule 2.111(1)) changes while an action is pending must serve on all parties and file a written notice of the change.

2. Adrienne Patricia Allen

2

Answered . I agree with Mr. Chen's very good answer.

3. Constantine D. Buzunis

1

Answered . I agree with Mr. Chen.