Does the STEM Jobs act include Doctors- those completing their M.D. Degree from US universities?

Cleveland, OH |
Filed under: Immigration

When this act will actually come into effect, what will be the process to apply and normally what will be the processing timeline?

1. So far, it has made it only through the House of Representatives and might never make it in the Senate. I will not worry about it until it is finalized.
    But it will include science.
    http://peerallylaw.com

Shah Peerally, Attorney at Law President of Shah Peerally Law Group PC Newark CA Important: The above is provided for educational purposes only. You should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. Cases differ and success in one case might not constitute guaranty of success in your case. We recommed to talk to a licensed attorney before you proceed. For more information on call us on 510 742 5887

2. The way the STEM bill that the House passed reads, it would seem to exclude physicians as it does not cover professionals in the biological sciences. But in any case, I have my doubts that it will pass the Senate, and I really doubt Obama will sign it into law. The bill falls far short of the scope of immigration reform the U.S. needs. On the employment immigration side, what we really need is for the visa number backlogs to be addressed before simply adding more ways to get in line. It makes no sense that professionals the U.S. needs, who follow the immigration laws exactly, must wait years and even decades to become permanent residents. The STEM bill ignores this entirely.

3. I agree with Mr. Halliday ... don't hold your breath waiting for this to become law.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.