Skip to main content

Does the scram bracelet detect drugs?

Danville, KY |

Was recently arrested for a third DUI and am out on bond in a commonwealth state, was ordered to wear a scram bracelet for fourty days until the next court date.

Attorney Answers 4


I don't see anything here about it:

But if you are dealing with a third DUI I wouldn't chance it. You don't want to fail another type of drug test later down the line. I'd worry about getting some rehabilitation and an attorney.

This answer does not create a legal relationship.

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


SCRAM detects alcohol. You should get an attorney. And stay away from all alcohol and controlled substances.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

Mark as helpful

5 lawyers agree


SCRAMx bracelets only test for alcohol. Still, it's best to avoid any drug use when you may be tested at some other point.


Nicholas M. Loncar, Esq.
t. 323.803.4352 | f. 323.617.3838
Sunset Law Building | 1295 W. Sunset Blvd
Los Angeles, CA | 90026

Mark as helpful

4 lawyers agree


A DUI 3rd is a serious misdemeanor offense in Ky. Carries jail time, fines, loss of license, cancelled auto insurance and increase in insurance rates. Get an experienced criminal defense attorney ASAP to defend you.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Mark as helpful

2 lawyers agree

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics