Does the position requiring minimum of Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years of progressive experience qualify for EB-2 Green Card

Asked 12 months ago - Rochester, MI

My wife's current position requires minimum of Bachelor's Degree plus 3-5 years of experience, obviously, it does not qualify for EB-2 category. Fortunately, my wife's employer would like to sponsor her Green Card through EB-2 based on the future employment (a genuine position which is currently available) and this position requires minimum of Bachelor's Degree plus 5 years of progressive experience. However, a business immigration specialist working for my wife's employer said since the position does not require a minimum of Master's Degree, it still does not qualify for EB-2. The specialist's conclusion seems conflicts with EB-2 qualifications explained by USCIS (Master's Degree or Bachelor's Degree + 5 years of experience), am I right?
P.S. My wife has a MBA degree and 5+ years of e

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Russell Reid Abrutyn


    Contributor Level 12


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Agree. Your wife and employer should look for an attorney whose advice they trust.

    The answer above is only general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts... more
  2. Daniel P. Hilf

    Contributor Level 15

    Answered . I would recommend that you contact attorney Sufen Hilf. She has extensive experience in EB-2 cases. Her office number is (248)792-2590. Visit her website at the attached link.

  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Only if the required bachelor's degree is a four year bachelor's degree.

    Your employer needs to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise them, and handle the case. Your employer can find one through

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  4. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.


    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I agree with Attorney Ferrari.

    Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

24,264 answers this week

2,771 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary