Does the po have the right to make me put a iid on my vechical,with out going to court?

Mukwonago, WI |

after serving 4years in prison for 7th dui and serving my suspension can the po make me put a iid onmy vechical without me going in front of a judge?

Yes, your probation officer has the right to do this. Given your history, this is a reasonable rule of supervision to impose on you. Typically, a condition of probation includes "any other conditions deemed appropriate by the probation officer"; if you have 7 priors, this is a reasonable rule.

In accordance with the Avvo community guidelines, this communication does not constitute "legal advice", nor does it form an attorney-client relationship. You should seek counsel in your geographic area regarding any specific questions.

I don't think there is a judge in the state who would second-guess an agent on that point if you have 7 OWIs and yes, I think the agent has the ability to do that without court permission.

ALWAYS mark answers you appreciate with positive feedback and select a best answer!<p><a href="http://msm-law.com/attorney-nicholas-j-passe"> Attorney Nicholas J. Passe</a><p>Disclaimer: Per the avvo.com community guidelines, no attorney/client relationship is created by the asking or answering of questions on this web site, nor do the answers constitute legal advice. Always hire an attorney before making any important legal decisions. Posting details of a case on avvo.com may be subject to discovery in criminal or civil litigation, so erring on the side of nondisclosure is wise.<p><a href="http://www.msm-law.com">Moen Sheehan Meyer, Ltd.</a>

It is not that the po has rights, it is that he has powers.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,