Does the las Vegas marriage bureau check the info on your marriage application?

San Diego, CA |
Filed under: Marriage and prenups

Does the Las Vegas Marriage Bureau check your information on your marriage application or the pre - application you filled on-line before you go ? If I provide my social security number , does the SSN will pull out all the divorce history and marriage history of you even it was from different state ?

to be clear, I was divorced legally 3 years ago in a different state. Back to the question, does the marriage bureau clerk verify the application? does the SSN will pop out the divorce history when they input in the computer system? thanks

The general rule is that a marriage is deemed to be legal if it was properly performed pursuant to the laws, customs, codes, of the location of the marriage, by a person authorized to marry people! But, what concerns me is the underlying reason for your question? Are you fearful that you made a mistake and want an annulment? Or, that you are still married to someone else from years ago? Please provide more details as to exactly WHY you are asking your question (if you feel comfortable doing so in a public forum such as this) OR seek the services of an attorney to discuss the same as that is protect by privilege! As an aside, if you found my direction helpful, and if you feel appropriate; could you be so kind as to designate my answer as the “best” answer to your question? I truly wish you the best of luck!

Call the marriage bureau and ask them.
Generally, however, I doubt they do any serious check, since you can personally apply for a marriage license over the counter and get married the same day.
If you have concerns about them checking, but still want to be married, then give them the shortest amount of time as possible.

Marriage and prenups topics

Recommended articles about Marriage and prenups