Does the judge agree with the da and probation officer when sentence

Asked over 1 year ago - Appleton, WI

a friend is in jail for bail jumping and 4th owi the da and oo wants 18 months prison time does the judge go with that then also is it true you dont go to prison if less then a year

1. Nicholas C. Zales

Pro

4

Answered . Some judges usually agree with a DA's recommendations, others do not. Judges are free to impose a sentence as they see fit. They are not bound by anyone's recommendations. However, they often give great weight to a DA's recommendation unless the defendant shows why that would be unfair.

2. Jason Todd Studinski

2

Answered . Your friend should consult with his lawyer. I think the answer depends upon the Judge, the County, and the facts and circumstances of each case. Tell your friend to consult his/her lawyer. Good luck.