Does the I-130 require photos?

Albany, NY |

I've read the USCIS instructions but have been given conflicting advice. Does the I-130 require passport photos attached? Of the petitioner or the immigrant? How many?

Proving bona fides of the marriage can be done via many forms of evidence. Photos, when available, are but one such form.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

Hi, I was actually referring to passport photos, but we do also have bona fides. Thanks.

Alexander Joseph Segal

Alexander Joseph Segal

No need to attach "actually referred to" passport photos.

For an I-130 based on marriage, you need to submit one passport photo of the husband and one of the wife.

For I-130 based on anything else (parent, child, sibling), then no passport photos are required.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

I always include two passport photos for the Petitioner and two for the Beneficiary but I think they are only required in immediate relative cases.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration Law

2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
Fax: (619) 923-3277

Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

if it's passport photos you are talking about, include one of the petitioner and one of the beneficiary (at least); on the back write with a pencil the last name of the person whose photo it is...

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney Blog:

Education law topics

Recommended articles about Education law