Does the I-130 require photos?

Asked over 1 year ago - Albany, NY

I've read the USCIS instructions but have been given conflicting advice. Does the I-130 require passport photos attached? Of the petitioner or the immigrant? How many?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Alexander Joseph Segal

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Proving bona fides of the marriage can be done via many forms of evidence. Photos, when available, are but one such form.

    NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866)... more
  2. Lynne Rogers Feldman

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I always include two passport photos for the Petitioner and two for the Beneficiary but I think they are only required in immediate relative cases.

    Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration Law

    2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
    Fax: (619) 923-3277

    Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

  3. Michael Hugh Carlin

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . For an I-130 based on marriage, you need to submit one passport photo of the husband and one of the wife.

    For I-130 based on anything else (parent, child, sibling), then no passport photos are required.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of... more
  4. Alena Shautsova


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . if it's passport photos you are talking about, include one of the petitioner and one of the beneficiary (at least); on the back write with a pencil the last name of the person whose photo it is...

    Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Green cards

A green card is a legal document which provides proof that the owner is a lawful permanent resident of the United States.

Carl Michael Shusterman

How to Renew your Green Card

Renewing your Green Card, or Permanent Resident Card, is important. If you have an expired Green Card you may be denied re-entry into the United States. You could also be charged with a... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

19,586 answers this week

2,559 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

19,586 answers this week

2,559 attorneys answering