Does the I-130 require photos?

Asked over 1 year ago - Albany, NY

I've read the USCIS instructions but have been given conflicting advice. Does the I-130 require passport photos attached? Of the petitioner or the immigrant? How many?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

9

Answered . Proving bona fides of the marriage can be done via many forms of evidence. Photos, when available, are but one such form.

2. Lynne Rogers Feldman

8

Answered . I always include two passport photos for the Petitioner and two for the Beneficiary but I think they are only required in immediate relative cases.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
    Concentrating in Immigration Law

2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
    San Diego, CA 92108 | (619) 299-9600
    Fax: (619) 923-3277
    website: www.immigrateme.com

Former Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
    University of Illinois College of Law

3. Michael Hugh Carlin

7

Answered . For an I-130 based on marriage, you need to submit one passport photo of the husband and one of the wife.

For I-130 based on anything else (parent, child, sibling), then no passport photos are required.

4. Alena Shautsova

Pro

2

Answered . if it's passport photos you are talking about, include one of the petitioner and one of the beneficiary (at least); on the back write with a pencil the last name of the person whose photo it is...