Does the HOA have the right to deny parking on land or road ways it does not own, such as my private driveway?

Asked over 2 years ago - Leesburg, FL

My HOA states ,"All automobiles, trucks, boats, trailers and other vehicles shall be stored and kept in the garage when not in use."

It does not expressly prohibit vehicles from being parking in the driveway.

1. David Harris Rosenberg

1

Answered . The HOA is constrained by the Declaration/Restrictions. If the Declaration requires cars be parked in the garage then you are going to have to comply with that. I would suggest that the language you provided is pretty clear as to their intent.

2. Daniel Jon Woodring

Pro

1

Answered . if your HOA declarations allow it yes, HOA restrictions may impact common property but almost always are applied to the private property of owners under the HOA.

This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship, nor does it constitute specific legal advice.
  3. Margery Ellen Golant

Pro

Answered . Even before the association documents, make sure to check your survey to be sure that the driveway area in question is included within your property lines.