Does the father of my child have the right to take her without an legal joint custody? We were never married

He was keeping her while I work, but when it came down to bring her home I wouldn't. He would only do this out of spite to make me mad.

Detroit, MI -

Attorney Answers (1)

Starla D. Zehr

Starla D. Zehr

Family Law Attorney - Waterford, MI

The answer is no, unless Father has established his legal paternity by an Affidavit of Parentage or an Order of Filiation entered by a Court. Father has no established or enforceable rights of parenting time without a proper court order. You should hire counsel to advance your legal rights both as to support and to specify custody and parenting time rights.

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.