legal advice
for $99.

Avvo Instant
Talk to a lawyer

Does the custodial parent have the right to choose who supervised visits are supervised by?

My sister is in a huge custody battle over my nephew. The ex wants visitation, but he is an on again, off again heroin addict. He has a massive police record but so far, the courts have been semi-sympathetic to him (although the Judge is on our side, it seems). We just want to know if we have the right to appoint who supervises the visits if he happens to get them. Any additional information would be fantastic.

South Weymouth, MA -

Attorney Answers (2)

Gabriel Cheong

Gabriel Cheong

Child Custody Lawyer - Quincy, MA

Supervised visits must be approved by the court and the supervisor will be appointed by the court if the parties cannot agree.

Henry Lebensbaum

Henry Lebensbaum

Family Law Attorney - Andover, MA

I agree; those rights are granted by the court, unless there is a written agreement that should be filed with the court.

Does this answer your question?

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.