Does the CSPA have deadline to apply ?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Jose, CA

my birthday is 9 / 21 / 1984 and my family priority date was 9 / 22 / 1999 and our approval date was 08 / 11 / 2005 and my family visa number became current at the end of 2009 I was wonder , can i use cspa now ? because i have n't heard about it since now and i am not in the us but my family are in the us

1. Laura Justine Jacobson

6

Answered . It appears you might have been able to benefit under the CSPA, but to do so, you have to seek permanent residence within a year of your visa becoming available. If your priority date became current in 2009 and you still haven't done anything, you might have lost your opportunity to use the CSPA. Talk to an immigration lawyer in detail about your case to see what your options are.

2. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

1

Answered . Yes one year of the currency of priority date

3. Kevin Lawrence Dixler

Pro

2

Answered . No, it is unlikely at this point. However, an appointment or teleconference with a competent and experienced immigration attorney may best help you appreciate situation.

This is general information, not legal advice, and does not create an attorney client relationship.