Does the collection agency communicate with immigration?

Chicago, IL |

Hello There , I am international students doesn't have ASSN . I had a lease for a room in TX for 6 months . I stay 3 months , then I moved to another state . I tried to break the lease , but they want to pay the other 3 months . So i left and didn't ask about my deposit , they have one month rent as deposit . They sent my an email last week for pay the money or they will send my paper to a collection agency . So I am little worry , does they can make some issues with the immigration . Thanks

I am only worry about returning to the Stats, I don't want to get a credit card or loan.

A private dispute like this has no immigration consequences.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. they can initiate a civil law suit against you for the collection of the owed money so to protect your name and credit you may want to settle with them

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

3. Usually, the agency can start a lawsuit to collect the money due, so it is best that you hire a lawyer and settle the matter.

Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. at 201-471-7989, located in New York and New Jersey. Contact immigration attorney Gintare Grigaite, Esq. for a free consultation about new Immigration Reform policies. Answers on AVVO do not constitute legal advice and do not form attorney-client relationship. Always consult an attorney for a legal advice.

4. That would be entirely up to the collection agency.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Landlord-tenant law topics