Does the collection agency communicate with immigration?

Asked about 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

Hello There , I am international students doesn't have ASSN . I had a lease for a room in TX for 6 months . I stay 3 months , then I moved to another state . I tried to break the lease , but they want to pay the other 3 months . So i left and didn't ask about my deposit , they have one month rent as deposit . They sent my an email last week for pay the money or they will send my paper to a collection agency . So I am little worry , does they can make some issues with the immigration . Thanks

I am only worry about returning to the Stats, I don't want to get a credit card or loan.

1. Stephen D. Berman

Pro

6

1

Best Answer

Answered . A private dispute like this has no immigration consequences.

2. Irene Vaisman

6

1

Answered . they can initiate a civil law suit against you for the collection of the owed money so to protect your name and credit you may want to settle with them

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. Gintare Grigaite

5

Answered . Usually, the agency can start a lawsuit to collect the money due, so it is best that you hire a lawyer and settle the matter.

4. J Charles Ferrari

4

1

Answered . That would be entirely up to the collection agency.