Does Tha police have to read u ur rights everytime Tha speak wit u if u were arrested

Asked almost 2 years ago - Cleveland, OH

My rights was read to me on Monday and I signed Tha paper. But Tha next day they came and got me out my cell and didn't read me my rights when we talked. So can they use Wat I said against me if they didn't.

1. Ricky Louis Ferrara

2

Answered . Yes. But when you ask for an attorney, it stops them from being able to ask you questions. Make sure you ask for an attorney as soon as possible, so that they stop asking questions, and you don't say anything that could be construed as incriminating.

2. Alexander Mchenry Memmen

3

Answered . Yup. After you are given your rights, they can ask you all the questions they like. Don't answer any questions and ask to see a lawyer.

3. Kenan Lee Isitt

1

Answered . The police and prosecutors absolutely will use what you said against you unless and until your attorney convinces the court that your rights were violated. Beyond that, it is impossible to answer your question without having access to the entire police reports and the ability to interview and cross-examine the police.