Does Texas enforce out of state child support orders?

Asked over 2 years ago - Niagara Falls, NY

I currently live in NY state. I have a divorce decree with my ex husband that orders him to pay child support but we do not go through the CSEA (my choice). He has made mention to a few people that he would like to move to Texas because Texas does not enforce out of state child support orders. I am wondering if this is accurate.

1. Steven Alan Fink

2

1

Answered . Not true. Massachusetts is only state that has not yet adopted the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction Enforcement Act. You can enforce your order if he moves to Texas.

2. Barry Franklin Poulson

Answered . I have Michigan cases where parents zare receiving support from ex's living in Texas. No particular difficulty in collecting, other than the usual slow pay. If they fail to pay, our Prosecutor charges them with felony non-support, and they are extradited back to Michigan. Cases usually plead out to felony Attempt Fail to Pay, a 2 year felony. The Judge adds the cost of extradition to what is due the state. I hear the cross country van ride is unpleasant. Then, jail or prison time. When they get out, they have to start paying.