Does state of idaho recognize common law marriage

Asked over 5 years ago - Coeur D Alene, ID

my boyfriend lived togeather as husband and wife for 8 years.3 days befor he passed away we tried to legaly get married in the hospital but the chaplin never showed up. i have several wittnesses. he left me a holigraphic will to the house and everything he had and i have an attorney working on it. i still get mail some times in his name and have some credit types of id with his name. dose idaho reconize common law marraige?

1. Margery Ellen Golant

Pro

Answered . Iowa does have provisions for common law marriage. However, to be sure that the facts of your situation would allow you to substantiate a claim that you were married, you should discuss this situation with a local attorney who is knowledable in matrimonial law.

Please note that I do not practice in your state and that the above is not intended as legal advice.