Does Pa have reciprocity with NJ regarding underage drinking as of 2013 regarding license suspension

Asked over 1 year ago - Kutztown, PA

While at a party, I walked outside and was confronted by police officers, they had me identify who I was. Since I was underage I was cited for an underage, now being that law states in PA about fine/ 90 day license suspension. Does that mean that since I am a New Jersey Resident that my "New Jersey issued" license will be suspended? I am very confused over the actual law, and cannot get a straight answer on this. I am aware there are lawyers on both sides of the state lines, so I am curious if I can get a clear answer on this.
(I have heard a new law was passed Jan. 1 of 2013) so older cases may not be applicable)
Thanks in advance

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Robert C. Keller

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This question may have already been asked. His right to drive in Pa is being . If the Bureau of Motor vehicles is aware that he is licensed in NJ, Pa may send notice to NJ. It will be up to that StTe to determine what action if any will be taken.

  2. Christopher M. Patterson

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . This question was recently asked. You should look at the answers previously posted. Good luck.

  3. Michael Lawrence Doyle


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . They are both part of an interstate compact that is supposed to inform each other of license suspensions. It is possible to get lucky, but don't count on it.

    This is not intended as individual legal advice and there is no attorney client relationship established by this... more

Related Topics

License suspension for traffic tickets

License suspension is one type of traffic violation penalty, usually imposed for serious traffic violations or for repeated minor violations.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

16,568 answers this week

2,276 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

16,568 answers this week

2,276 attorneys answering