Does owning a business i.e. a bar, get me a visa to stay in the USA?

Dallas, TX |

I am a UK citizen currently working in Chicago for a British bank on an E2 visa, but due to personal reasons I am looking to relocate to Dallas. I want to start my own business and want that to be a bar. I have read that owning a profitable business is grounds for obtaining a visa, however I would like some clarification on the details and if this is in fact possible. Thanks!

1. Do you have more than $100,000 to invest in this bar and will it get you more than 50% ownership?

If so, there is a possibility.

Capriotti International Law
    www.capriotti.com
    franco@capriotti.com
    1-503-803-0055
    SKYPE 3-WAY VIDEO AVAILABLE

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

2. There are ways and it can be figured out (hopefully). Check out the EB-5 visa program. If you have any questions, let me know.

3. It is possible, but have to invest significant capital.

4. Yes - all the other attorneys have given you great ideas. You can start with your own E2 - then move on from there.