Does online community service really work for court ordered community service?

Kansas City, MO |

I am running out of time to complete my court ordered community service. Does online community service really help? For example, comminityservicehelp.com.

1. You need to clear that with the Court before you do that. Do not take it upon yourself to do something online before KNOWING that it will satisfy the court's order.

2. You'll need permission from the court, I imagine. You might be able to get your case on calendar and ask for an extension, provided that you have a valid excuse for not getting it done. Good luck.

Jasen Nielsen

3. ask your PO. In Missouri, some judges require community service to go through a particular community service organization (i.e., one that sets up the community service for you to do)

NEVER describe your facts in an online forum. I have CONFIRMED there is at least ONE county prosecutor that is a member of this site. My statements are my opinion solely based on the information provided, and that opinion can be wrong if your facts are different than what I believed them to be. If you have any further questions, you can contact me at 636-532-1400 or through my website http://mcmichael-logan.com

4. Check with the Court and your PO. Some would take it and I am sure there are plenty that would not. Most Courts will OK community service as long as the PO verifies and says it's OK. At the very least get the community service started so if you miss the completion amount by the deadline the Court may give you an extension. You do not want to show up at the deadline with nothing done at all.

Anthony Muhlenkamp - 314-725-7777; amuhlenkamp@fjrdefense.com, Frank, Juengel & Radefeld, Attorneys at Law, P.C. Feel free to call or email me for a free consultation. However, please be advised that answering questions on this webpage is done to provide general information only and that by responding to a question we have not established an attorney client relationship. In order to establish such a relationship we would need to meet in person and go over more details of your case. Thank you.

DUI topics