Does New Jersey Have Plaintiff's Discovery Privileges Similar to California's "Privacy Privilege" (see link)?

Asked about 1 year ago - Hackensack, NJ

Does NJ have discovery privileges similar to CA's "privacy privilege" (see www.pasternaklaw.com/documents/AndYourCase-InDi... at 11-12)?

Is there similar case law in NJ to the Hunter Tylo case law analysis (on p. 11-12 of article at above link) regarding privacy rights and “narrow construing” of concept of waiver for only “directly relevant” info?

See p. 12 of article (at above link) where CA’s App. Div. ruled:

“Petitioner has tendered psychological condition in this litigation only as it relates to termination of the employment contract. Therefore discovery is limited to those injuries resulting from termination of the contract...parties must demonstrate there is a nexus between damages from termination and those which arise out of the marital relationship. Parties have failed to do either.”

Is this similar to the NJ Supreme Court’s Holding in Kinsella v Kinsella:

“In NJ, courts rely on the Kozlov three-part test to limit the waiver in scope to that which is necessary to serve the public interest according to the facts of the case... John's factual allegations have not created a need for the evidence at issue; the evidence sought is not relevant or material to any legal issue before the court; and less intrusive means are available for obtaining evidence to defend the extreme cruelty claim.”

1. Peter Joseph Lamont

Pro

1

Answered . This question is too complex for this forum. I suggest you speak to an attorney.

2. Leonard Roy Boyer

Pro

Answered . I agree with my colleague, that you need to contact counsel, this isn't appropriate for this forum. Your other alternative is to call a law school and ask to speak professor of conflicts of law.