Does my wife need to keep her job till I become a USC?

Chicago, IL |

I have a conditional green card and I have been working and making good money ( way above the poverty line ), my wife is sick and she is going to quit her job for the surgery and to take care of her health , does that have anything to do with me getting my permanent green card or citizenship ?, i mean she was my sponsor ,do i need a joint sponsor when she quit or my income would be enough ?

1. Everyone who has conditional permanent residence must file a petition to remove those conditions, prior to the expiration of their conditional permanent resident card. This petition to remove conditions does not require the financial sponsorship information that you needed to meet when you applied originally for your conditional permanent residence.

(734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

2. She can quit her job.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

4. The petition to remove the condition on your status as a lawful permanent resident dos not require submission of an affidavit of support. Your wife can quit her job. We can help you in this process.

Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street, Suite 3320, Chicago, IL 60603 Please consult with a licensed immigration professional to provide you with a thorough legal advice. This response is not a substitute for specific legal advice and it should not be construed to create an attorney-client relationship. Please help stop notario fraud. Please visit and share this site: www.stopnotariofraud.org.

5. She need not file sponsorship documents for removal of conditions or citizenship.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.

Marriage and prenups topics