Does my wife need to keep her job till I become a USC?

Asked over 1 year ago - Chicago, IL

I have a conditional green card and I have been working and making good money ( way above the poverty line ), my wife is sick and she is going to quit her job for the surgery and to take care of her health , does that have anything to do with me getting my permanent green card or citizenship ?, i mean she was my sponsor ,do i need a joint sponsor when she quit or my income would be enough ?

1. Michael Hugh Carlin

2

1

Answered . Everyone who has conditional permanent residence must file a petition to remove those conditions, prior to the expiration of their conditional permanent resident card. This petition to remove conditions does not require the financial sponsorship information that you needed to meet when you applied originally for your conditional permanent residence.

2. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

Answered . She need not file sponsorship documents for removal of conditions or citizenship.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.
  3. Mark Robert Barr

1

Answered . She can quit her job.

4. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost

Pro

Answered . The petition to remove the condition on your status as a lawful permanent resident dos not require submission of an affidavit of support. Your wife can quit her job. We can help you in this process.

5. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.