Does my soon to be ex husband have any legal claim to our 2012 tax refund if he didn't make any income and I file jointly?

Asked over 1 year ago - Indianapolis, IN

we were separated for 9 months but it's not a legal separation. our divorce will be finalized in one week. I'm trying to figure out if he can take me to court over the money if he made no income for the year.

1. Jeffrey Bruce Gold

Pro

3

Answered . He can. Whether he is entitled to it depends on the terms of the divorce decree.

2. Peggy Margaret Raddatz

Pro

2

Answered . Yes it is marital property and assuch divisible by agreement of the parties or the court.

3. Matthew Thomas Majeski

Pro

2

Answered . Yes he does, it is considered marital property.