Does my other than honorable discharge affect me when i go apply for citizenship and do you know if i can upgrade my discharge

Mcallen, TX |
Filed under: Military law

i got a other than honorable discharge from the us navy and i would like to know if there is any way that i can upgrade my discharge so i can rejoin the military i was only younger when that incident happened and i would really like i second chance i cant believe that the rest of my life will be ruined for one mistake i made when i had no experience please let me know if there is a process that i can go thru to get my discharge to a different reenlistment code right now is re-4

1. Your best shot of upgrading you discharge would be to submit a request to the Board for Correction of Naval Records (BNCR request) to modify the re-enlistmet code that was assigned by the Navy. In order to be successful on your request, you must attach evidence to show that the re-enlistment code was "unfair or unjust." BCNR requests are not easy. If you choose to pursue this route, you should hire a lawyer who is experienced in this area to help draft your request.

Military law topics