Does my marriage applied with international family laws?

Asked over 4 years ago - Yakima, WA

met oversea, married in Yakima at 2003, has been living oversea for most of the time since married. He cheated and fathered a child when he return to Yakima to wait for his Australian spouse visa to get processed in 2004. Now he is also hold the residency of Australia. He revealed his adultery on phone last Nov when he came back for visit, and told me, everything ended, He returned Aust. However, after we come back to Yakima this June, he start to seeing her and not come home for 3 to 4 nights per week. I has been supporting him since we married even though he worked too. He hide and save up the money he made. I got proofs for them committed internet sex, sending messages through facebook, arrange met up in her house.. What can I do to save my marriage? or what will be my best option?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Bruce Clement


    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . The Yakima marriage is governed by Washington state laws, not Australian laws. You ask how to save your marriage. You need to see a counselor or clergyman to get advice on that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,836 answers this week

3,230 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,836 answers this week

3,230 attorneys answering