Does my land lord have legal grounds to evict me for harresment?

Asked about 2 years ago - Milton, MA

i told my new neighbor to be carefull not to let her cat eat any mice because my cat did and got sick from decon the landlord put in the walls to get rid of the mice so now he said i am a trouble maker and i have thirty day to get out for harresment

1. Erik Hammarlund

1

Answered . No, that is not grounds to evict you for cause, so long as your description is accurate and there are no other facts.

2. Jennifer L. DiCarlo

1

Answered . No matter the underlying circumstances, your landlord must give you proper and legal notice of their intent to terminate your tenancy. You should consult an attorney to review any notices you received to determine if they are proper and on what grounds they are bring brought. What you are describing could be a retaliatory eviction although it doesn't necessarily involve exercising your rights with respect the property you are renting. Review of the facts by a landlord/tenant attorney would probably be a help to you..

3. Annalisa Avola

1

Answered . You should review your lease agreement with an attorney. It sounds as though this could be retaliation. Also an attorney will review whether or not your landlord has given you proper legal notices etc.