Does my land lord have legal grounds to evict me for harresment?

Milton, MA |

i told my new neighbor to be carefull not to let her cat eat any mice because my cat did and got sick from decon the landlord put in the walls to get rid of the mice so now he said i am a trouble maker and i have thirty day to get out for harresment

No, that is not grounds to evict you for cause, so long as your description is accurate and there are no other facts.

Do you want accurate, personalized, legal advice that you can rely on? You will have to hire an attorney, not ask on Avvo. I am not your attorney and am not creating an attorney-client relationship by this post. I am therefore giving only general advice. This advice may not apply to you or your situation; may not take account of all possibilities, and may not match the advice I would give to a client. DO NOT rely on this advice or any other advice on Avvo to make your legal decisions. If you want an answer to a legal question you should retain an attorney who is licensed in your state.

No matter the underlying circumstances, your landlord must give you proper and legal notice of their intent to terminate your tenancy. You should consult an attorney to review any notices you received to determine if they are proper and on what grounds they are bring brought. What you are describing could be a retaliatory eviction although it doesn't necessarily involve exercising your rights with respect the property you are renting. Review of the facts by a landlord/tenant attorney would probably be a help to you..

This "answer" is for information purposes only and is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship.

You should review your lease agreement with an attorney. It sounds as though this could be retaliation. Also an attorney will review whether or not your landlord has given you proper legal notices etc.

Landlord-tenant topics

Recommended articles about Landlord-tenant