Does my husband ve the right to tell USCIS to deny my I-751 petition because he is tired of the marriage and wants me deported?

Asked over 1 year ago - Flagstaff, AZ

i already had my biometric appointment taken and my case is now on initial review

1. Alicia Marie Heflin

Pro

4

Answered . Please consult with an attorney to discuss the specifics of your case. Yes, your husband can tell immigration anything he'd like. However, you must protect your rights and if you entered into the marriage in good faith and the marriage was bona fide when you married, you can apply for a waiver of the requirement that your husband file the I-751 with you. Your question is very case specific. It is imperative you consult with an immigration attorney to protect your legal status in the United States.

2. Michael Hugh Carlin

2

Answered . Attorney Heflin is correct here. You really need to consult an experienced immigration attorney near you as soon as possible to explore options to preserve your rights and to attempt to maintain your permanent resident status.

3. Tripti Sharad Sharma

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues that he can tell or write to the USCIS what he likes. It is what he says/ writes, which may/ may not affect your joint application. If you know you are expecting trouble, you should retain a Counsel.

4. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Answered . Your husband can inform USCIS if he chooses. You should retain counsel if you think this may happen so you can properly and adequately prepare for how to retain your residence.