Does my husband qualify for early release with the Three Judge Panel new California Laws?

Asked 7 months ago - Laredo, TX

My husband was convicted in 2004 and got arrested in 2002, he was 20 at the time and he's a violent offender? He got 16 years and serving 85%. His release date is 3/17/2017.
Is it possible he can get out in December or January with the new laws.

Let me correct myself not law, but the Three Judge Panel ruling on CDCR inmate population, that Governor Brown has to reduce the population. My husband has a job as soon as he comes home, he's then matured and wants a fresh new start with our daughters and I. Is there a possibility that he can get his sentence reduced from serving 85% to 65%? He's a level 2 inmate and they have him in an Out of State prison. He's a California inmate not a Texas one.

1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

4

Answered . You need to contact a criminal defense attorney within the state of CA.

2. Evan Edward Pierce-Jones

2

Answered . You need to ask a California lawyer. The law is different in every state.

3. Kathryn Mary Holton

1

Answered . What new law are you referring to?