Does my husband get most of the settlement or how much?

Warren, OH |

I got 6490.00 from a personal injury settlement. I am currently married and haven't worked.

Not likely; what advise did your attorney provide?

Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff www.nyelderinjurylaw.com

If your husband was not injured in the accident then he does not have a claim against the insurance company. However, whatever you choose to do with your settlement check is up to you. Really need more information to answer the question properly.

Randy Sevenish is licensed to practice law in the State of Indiana. The laws of your jurisdiction may differ and thus this answer is for informational and educational purposes only and is not to be considered as legal advice. Since all facts are not addressed in the question, this answer could change depending on other significant and important facts. This answer in no way constitutes an attorney-client relationship. Please speak with a local attorney to discuss your potential legal issue.

If your husband wasn't involved the settlement is your. You suffered the injuries you are entitled to compensation for the damages.

When a married person is injured, there are two claims: the person's claim for personal injury, and the spouse's claim for what is known as "loss of consortium." The settlement check will be issued in the names of "Jane Doe, married, and John Doe, her husband," and both of you will be expected to sign the release.

The bank will require both of your signatures to cash the check. If you and your husband cannot agree on how this money will be divided, do not sign the check, and consult a divorce lawyer.

John Maurice Holcomb

John Maurice Holcomb

This is all assuming you were married at the time of the accident. If not, the check will be issued to you alone, and is all your money.

The money is yours to keep, but if you are working, you may want to contribute to the expenses. You can find a job on careerbuilder.com. Good luck.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com