Does my House Insurance cover Repairs or Damages (Ceiling Damage because of Water) at the property insured?

Asked 4 months ago - Riverside, CA

I have a property in Riverside, CA and its insured with CSE Safeguard Insurance company (If the name would make a difference) and recently i found the Ceiling near the kitchen is Leaking and there's obviously water damage. The question is Can I contact the insurance regarding this and whether they will cover this or not Because i contacted private contractor and they estimate the repairs roughly around $15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Dollars) and i cannot afford this or even afford to leave the ceiling damage Not Repaired.

Please Advice!! Thank you

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Alan Ray Barnes

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . A definitive answer would require a review of your policy language, but generally speaking homeowners insurance will cover water damage due to broken pipes.

  2. Dana Howard Shultz

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . I agree with my colleague:

    One would need to read the policy to provide a definitive answer to your question.

    This information does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,089 answers this week

3,073 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,089 answers this week

3,073 attorneys answering