Does my House Insurance cover Repairs or Damages (Ceiling Damage because of Water) at the property insured?

Riverside, CA |

I have a property in Riverside, CA and its insured with CSE Safeguard Insurance company (If the name would make a difference) and recently i found the Ceiling near the kitchen is Leaking and there's obviously water damage. The question is Can I contact the insurance regarding this and whether they will cover this or not Because i contacted private contractor and they estimate the repairs roughly around $15,000.00 (Fifteen Thousand Dollars) and i cannot afford this or even afford to leave the ceiling damage Not Repaired.

Please Advice!! Thank you

1. A definitive answer would require a review of your policy language, but generally speaking homeowners insurance will cover water damage due to broken pipes.

2. I agree with my colleague:

One would need to read the policy to provide a definitive answer to your question.

This information does not constitute legal advice and does not establish an attorney-client relationship.