Does my girlfriend have grounds for a sexual harassment case against a company and their employee?

Asked about 1 year ago - Newport News, VA

We were at Dominion Metal Recycling in Newport News Virginia when an employee started making comments about my girlfriends body. It eventually got worse and worse until he said that he would take her out for drinks then back to his house. My girlfriend now feeling very uncomfortable then went to the car. We brought it up to his manager and they did not follow through. Do we have grounds for a sexual harassment case? She was emotionally damaged by these comments and cried the rest of the day.

1. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

1

Answered . Not in the traditional sense of the word, sexual harassment, that is used in the workplace. It sounds like you and your girlfriend were customers. If he didn't touch her then no assault case. Best bet, find another place to do your business with. You can check with a local attorney for any mental anguish claims but I seriously doubt these actions rise to the degree necessary for a tort claim.