Does my former dentist have to give me my x-rays?

Asked over 2 years ago - Denver, CO

I am going to another dentist and they want me to get x-rays from my previous dentist. I have paid for them. My previous dentist does not return my phone calls. If I go to them are they obligated to give the x-rays to me?

1. Douglas A Thomas

1

Best Answer

Answered . Yes, your dentist is required to maintian and produce those records upon request and notice. If you have issues contact the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies or DORA. (303) 894-7855. DORA governs Dentist and will take your complaint. You can also go to DORA's website. http://www.dora.state.co.us/

Good luck

2. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

Answered . Yes. If you are current on your account.

3. Christopher Edward Ezold

Pro

1

Answered . Before I respond to your inquiry, I must state that we have not spoken, I have not reviewed the relevant documents and facts, and I do not represent you. Therefore, my discussion below is not a legal opinion, but is informational only. Finally, my discussion applies only to issues to which Pennsylvania, New Jersey or Federal law apply, unless otherwise specified.

That being said, yes, your dentist has to give you your medical records. You should make a request in writing and fax it to the dentist's office, or send it by registered mail or FedEx, so you have a receipt of your request.

If you would like to discuss this matter further, please feel free to contact me at the below address(es) or telephone number.

/Christopher E. Ezold/
    The Ezold Law Firm, P.C.
    One Belmont Avenue,
    Suite 501
    Bala Cynwyd, PA 19004
    (610) 660-5585
    Cezold@Ezoldlaw.com
    www.ezoldlaw.com