Does my employer have to pay me for my two weeks notice if he lets me go early. I'm an hourly employee, not salary.

Asked about 1 year ago - Denver, CO

I am an hourly employee in the state of Colorado. I gave my two weeks notice and my employer called today and said they have covered my remaining shifts and I don't have to return. Does my employer have to pay me for my two weeks or only for my shifts worked?

1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

Pro

3

Answered . No. You are giving your two weeks notice as a courtesy to the employer. However, if they feel that you would be disruptive or not be concentrating on work, they can ask that you leave or be escorted out immediately. They just have to pay you up to that point in time. So, your employer does not have to pay your for the next two weeks, only the shifts that you actually worked.

2. Daniel Nelson Deasy

1

Answered . Mr. Leroi is right -- the employer does not have to pay you. Sorry about that.

Good luck with new employment!