Does my daughter's mother get to keep the child support card if...

Phoenix, AZ |

Does my daughter's mother get to keep the child support card if she allowed our daughter to stay with me (in another state). I'm putting my daughter through school and everything, but does her mother still keep the child support card if I'm the one that's going to keep her? And if she is allowed to still keep the card, why? PLEASE GIVE ME ANSWERS THANK YOU

1. Without knowing more about your matter, it sounds like you need to file a petition to modify physical custody, parenting time, and child support. If you have physical custody of your daughter and are still paying the mother child support, you need to change the child support order. A change in the child support order will make her "card" ineffective. She should be paying child support to you, most likely, if your daughter lives with you.

The information provided is general in nature and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

2. What is a child support card??

Information provided on this site does not constitute legal advice. Answers posted here are based on a very limited amount of information and are given without a conventional consultation. Information posted here should be valued accordingly. We offer free initial consultations that require completion of a questionnaire detailing your situation and a personal one-on-one attorney interview to provide qualified legal advice. The answers posted here might be completely different with more information.

Child support topics