Does my daughter have the right to an attorney with DCF?

Asked about 2 years ago - Fort Pierce, FL

DCF is trying to get her in for a urine test before her court date. Plus they want to sign paper work consent forms.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Heather Morcroft

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If there is a judicial action and she is indigent, yes she does have a right to a court appointed attorney at every stage of the proceedings and she should wait to talk to that attorney prior to agreeing to or signing anything.

    If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,412 answers this week

3,286 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,412 answers this week

3,286 attorneys answering