Does my common law husband have to show up in court to have a restraining order dismissed?at my court date?

Longmont, CO |

iwas arrested on suspicion of harassment dv spent two days in jail my bond was 1000.dollarsdoes my husband have to go to court to have the restraining order lifted and can we get back tgether will i be in trouble.

The current practice of most judges is not to lift the No Contact Order except after a lapse of a few months (about 1-6 months which is called a cooling off period) and both the alleged victim and the prosecutor have to agree to get the Judge to lift the no contact order.

You should contact a good criminal defense lawyer who should be able to help you with both your criminal case and the lifting of the No contact order. But remember the no molesting, no harassing, no intimidating part of the Protection order will remain in effect.

I have handled many such cases with great success.

Best of Luck