Skip to main content

Does my boyfriend have to pay child support if we live together and I am trying to get some help from the state with daycare?

Jackson, MI |

We live together and he is the only one that works, I go to college and stay home with my 2 kids all day. I want to try to get help with daycare so I can find a job, but I don't know if they are going to charge my boyfriend with child support if I file for state help.

Only my second child is my boyfriends, my other sons father is already paying. Is there a way to avoid him paying if he already pays for everything else and we live together?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


If the children are his, then the state will want him to reimburse them for public assistance. If they're not his, the state will go after the biological father instead of your boyfriend.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer