Does my biological father have to pay back child support

Mesa, AZ |

I'm a 30 year old woman. I found out by DNA test who my biological father is when I was 22. He never paid a penny of child support my whole life. Can I get child support for myself from him now?

No, you did not pay to raise yourself and you would not be entitled to receive child support from your father.

The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. The author is licensed to practice law only in Arizona.

You probably do not have "standing" ( are not the correct person to sue), and the statute of limitations has probably run (i.e. lawsuits cannot be filed at any time, and must be filed within a certain number of years).

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support