Does my applying for food stamps affect my husbands immigration process, even though we have not started it yet, but will soon?

Wenatchee, WA |

We have been together for 5 years and have a 2 year old little boy

Not if you secure a co-sponsor who is not on welfare and meets the financial guidelines for sponsoring a household your size (and his/hers).

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

You may need a cosponsor. I recommend you consult with a qualified experienced immigration lawyer

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.

It will most likely require that you find a co-sponsor.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Immigration