Does Mugshots.com have the right to publish expunged records?

Asked over 1 year ago - Orlando, FL

I had my record expunged, how can they still post it?

1. Colleen M. Glenn

Pro

6

2

Answered . In my experience if you provide them with the Order expunging your record they will remove the photo.

2. Larry Thomas McMillan

5

2

Answered . Yes, Mugshots.com has the right to publis expunged records. However, as the other attorneys have stated there is a way to have the image removed.

3. Kevin Jeffrey Pitts

5

2

Answered . My understanding is as long as it is accurate they can post it. Generally they say you were arrested which I assume is true but they also say you are innocent until proven guilty. The expunction applies to the government's records. Some of them will take it down but my understanding is that they could leave it up.

4. Corey Ira Cohen

Pro

5

2

Answered . They do because they are a private company. You have to pay a fee to get it off. Sorry.

5. Macy Michelle Jaggers

Pro

5

Answered . Send them a letter demanding they remove it along with a copy of the expunction order. Send it certified mail. They will remove it immediately because not doing so upon notice of the expunction can make them liable for civil penalties. If they say you have to pay to have it removed, contact an attorney immediately.

6. Brian Lee Michael Balaguera

Answered . I have been able to have them removed in the past. Unfortunately, they are out of state and it's difficult to figure out who owns the website(s).