Skip to main content

Does have the right to publish expunged records?

Orlando, FL |

I had my record expunged, how can they still post it?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 6


In my experience if you provide them with the Order expunging your record they will remove the photo.

Larry Thomas McMillan

Larry Thomas McMillan


I agree with Colleen, but the answer to your question is yes. does have the legal ability to post the image.


Send them a letter demanding they remove it along with a copy of the expunction order. Send it certified mail. They will remove it immediately because not doing so upon notice of the expunction can make them liable for civil penalties. If they say you have to pay to have it removed, contact an attorney immediately.

Macy Jaggers's answer to a legal question on Avvo does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Ms. Jaggers offers everyone a free consultation to discuss their case. Feel free to call her office at 214-365-9800 to make an appointment (phones are answered 24 hours) or visit her website at for more information about her services and recent victories.


Yes, has the right to publis expunged records. However, as the other attorneys have stated there is a way to have the image removed.


My understanding is as long as it is accurate they can post it. Generally they say you were arrested which I assume is true but they also say you are innocent until proven guilty. The expunction applies to the government's records. Some of them will take it down but my understanding is that they could leave it up.


They do because they are a private company. You have to pay a fee to get it off. Sorry.

For more information or to set up a free consultation contact the Law Office of Corey Cohen at 407-246-0066 or visit our website at


I have been able to have them removed in the past. Unfortunately, they are out of state and it's difficult to figure out who owns the website(s).

The information provided herein is provided as general legal information and does not constitute legal advice. The information is based on the facts given and should not be relied upon by the reader. An attorney-client relationship is not established by this transmitting this information. The best way to receive accurate advice and establish an attorney-client relationship is by retaining a licensed attorney.

Get Avvo’s 3-part DUI email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

DUI topics

Recommended articles about DUI

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer