Skip to main content

Does MS award alimony/spousal support?

Greenville, MS |
Filed under: Divorce

Married 35 years husband wants a divorce im not able to work and get little social security. How do i get spousal support cant afford a attorney is there some way I can get him to pay?

Attorney Answers 2


In most states the spouse with all the money ends up paying for both attorneys. Call a local divorce lawyer and discuss your specific situation!

Mark as helpful


You have certainly been married long enough, but it’s still hard to say without seeing some very detailed financial records. I have written a guide about alimony and spousal support. The link is provided below. Attorney fees are possible, but usually not awarded until trial, if then.

This reply is provided for information purposes only and does not represent legal advice or an attorney-client relationship.

Mark as helpful

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics