Does missouri have a diversion plan

Asked 12 months ago - Kansas City, MO

this is for first time shop lifting offender no criminal record could lose job if stay on record

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Andrea R. Rogers

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It depends on which court your case is being prosecuted in. If you hire a criminal defense attorney who practices in the city or county where this occurred, your attorney can probably negotiate a plea bargain deal with the prosecutor to keep you from having a shoplifting conviction on your record. It might involve getting it reduced to a lesser offense, such as "Littering" plus a fine. Or it might involve an SIS (suspended imposition of sentence) with probation, completion of a theft offenders class, and possibly some community service. The outcome depends on the court, your attorney's skill and experience, your criminal record, and the details of your case.

    The answers submitted on AVVO by The Rogers Law Firm, LLC d/b/a are for informational... more
  2. Rickey Dean Farrow

    Contributor Level 7

    Answered . As stated by others, it depends which county your offense was committed in. You most likely need an attorney who can gather that information for you and let you know the different options available.

    My contact info is (417)256-6030 and This response is for general information only and... more
  3. Christopher Lee Kalberg


    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . Depends on the court. Kansas City Missouri Municipal does have such a program for minor offenses, but it is up to the prosecutor whether or not to offer it. The KCMO PA's won't negotiate with unrepresented people, so if this person hasn't already, they should retain an attorney ASAP.

    Chris Kalberg, Kalberg Law Office, L.L.C. (913) 825-6670, No attorney client... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,730 answers this week

3,031 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,730 answers this week

3,031 attorneys answering