Does minor misdemeanor for drug possession(marijuana)show up on criminal background check? Need to be disclosed on applications?

Cleveland, OH |

Ive recently been accepted into a radiology program and am concerned that prior offenses will prevent me from being eligible to receive a license. I also have a misdemeanor for underage consumption for one can of beer. When asked if I have any misdemeanors including all drug/alcohol related do I have to reveal the drug possession even though it is a minor misdemeanor?

1. this will show up on your criminal history.

No legal advice is given here. My responses to questions on Avvo are never intended as legal advice and must NOT be relied upon as if they were legal advice. I give legal advice ONLY in the course of a formal attorney-client relationship. Exchange of information through Avvo's Questions & Answers forum does not establish an attorney-client relationship with me. That relationship is established only by joint execution of a written agreement for legal services. I am only licensed in the States of California and New York and the District of Columbia

2. You may be eligible for a criminal record expungement. You should immediately and privately consult with a criminal defense attorney to see what relief may be available for you.

Good luck!

No attorney-client relationship is established via AVVO.com. The material posted by Kyle J. Bristow, Esq., is for educational purposes for prospective clients only and people should not make legal decisions based on it. You are advised not to take, or refrain from taking, any action based on what Mr. Bristow has stated on this website.

3. You may be eligible for expungement but if this licensure is for a medical program such as radiology you might be required to disclose even if expunged. I suggest you consult privately with an attorney to file the expungement and discuss with them if it must be disclosed to the licensing agency. Typically the answer is yes.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    Beavercreek, Ohio 45434
    (937)510-6110 phone
    (937)867-4111 fax
    attycbeck@gmail.com
    www.becklawofficellc.com

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner