Does Medicare benefit start after retirement age or can I get it before?

Anaheim, CA |

I am 61 years of age and I am not currently working. My health condition is not normal enough for me to work. Is it possible to get Medicare benefit before retirement age?

.

1. No, unfortunately Medicare is not available until you are 65. If you are in need, you should consult the State of CA about getting Medicaid. Go to
    http://www.dhcs.ca.gov/services/medi-cal/pages/mcindividual.aspx
    or just google "Medicaid California"
    The approach many people use is to go to the emergency room. They are legally required to treat you, whether you can pay or not.

DISCLAIMER—This answer is for informational purposes only under the AVVO system, its terms and conditions. It is not intended as specific legal advice regarding your question. The answer could be different if all the facts were known. This answer does not establish an attorney client relationship. I am admitted only in California. (Bryant) Keith Martin sbbizlaw.com