Does L1-B to L1-A COS application denial affect my current L1-B status?

Santa Clara, CA |

I am on L1-B from 3 years. Visa expired June 2012 but I-94 valid till 2015. I want to change my status to L1-A. If this COS application is rejected, will it affect my current L1-B status? Can I still legally live and work till my I-94 for L1-B is valid?

It depends on what they write in the denial.

Talk to the company's immigration attorney ... he/she can evaluate your potential for the "A" ... not a paralegal, not a manager and definitely not someone in HR.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Do you expect a COS denial? Why? Empployer should have an Immigration Attorney on retainer. Talk to him/her. If not, hire your own.