Does journal play an important role helping custody battling?

Illinois |

I have been taking care of my kids actively more than 1 year but I started to journalize how I took care of my kids about 6 months ago. This digital journal is from 5 Clock software I bought and its journal format is emphasized on custody formatting. It documented who doing children's meals, laundry, seeing doctor, giving them baths..etc. I am filing a divorce and hope to have primary custody for my kids. I want to know if my journal will play an important role helping me in the custody battle. Should I submit the journal to the court or I shouldn't? Can my journal be accessible to the court? what is the good and the bad if I submit the journal to the court? Can my wife have the chance to review the journal if I submit it to the court?

All evidence is subject to review & cross-examination by your ex. Talk to a family law attorney to formulate a workable strategy for your petitions.

Your journal may be a useful tool in a custody case as it may lend credibility to your assertion that you are primarily responsible for the care of your children. The journal, however, is only a small piece of a very complicated puzzle when trying to obtain custody. You should immediately retain counsel to broaden the scope of your strategy and understand what it would take legally to obtain custody.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody